Pages

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Art test - Personal Project

After approaching a creative director for an indie games company I got in touch with his producer. It originally started out with me asking if he needed any 3D environment artists for his game that he is building and I exchanged emails with the producer and it came to being he wanted an art test to see what I could do. The idea of the art was to create a 'crate' with items inside (using my creative imagination) . The crate has to be 200 tri's with a 512x512 texture along with a diffuse, normal, specular and alpha map if needed. The style of and design of the create was to be stylistic, similar styles to Diablo 3 and Boulders Gate. I had never done any hand painted or this sort of styled textures before so I saw it as opportunity to be creative and learn something new. The whole experience of creating the asset was really good and through learning new skills with both maya and photoshop I feel I created an asset worth showing on my portfolio. Below are the final renders of the crate from different angle along with renders of it in UDK. 










After these final renders I was unhappy with how the paper hanging over the edge of crate turned out so I moved it around the UV map and re-done the render to show the texture better and not so pixelated. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment