Pages

Saturday 8 March 2014

Marmoset Toolbag 2 - Experimenting

After repeatedly seeing and hearing about Marmoset Toolbag I decided to try it out and see what potential it has. I used my crate asset that I recently created as a way to quickly get the grips of how this program works. It works similar to the way that Substance Painter by Allegorithmic works with real time rendering, of course with painter you can paint onto the mesh itself where as Marmoset Toolbag is a way of rendering assets/scene. Overall I enjoyed the experience of using this rendering tool, I found it to be intuitive and fairly straight forward (apart from figuring out how to center the pivot on my model, still can't figure out how despite it being centred in Maya). I will have to see later down the line whether or not I will purchase the full program.


No comments:

Post a Comment