Pages

Sunday 13 May 2012

Maya Project: Door finished

After a long time I have finally finished my door inspired by the Forerunners to a stage where I am completely happy with it. Below I have also included images from different times at which I have either done screen shots or just general concepts for the door. Also below is a video of my rendered door. 

light created to help draw your eye in towards the door
and to help create a atmosphere from the Forerunners
control panel to be right outside the door

Control panel made and textured


an early render screen shot of my door
early idea


concept piece to visualize how the door should be
Final render of my door, much has changed 

Render video of my door

close up (1)

close up (2)
close up (3)
UV Mapping and textures

Each one of these I admit isn't the neatest UV mapping you'll ever see but the way that I have done them has worked out exactly as I wanted them to work, trouble is with Maya there is always an easier way to do something, this was my easy way but I'm sure there is some other way.








 Overall with this project though I have enjoyed it so much, I have found it to be really fun, even if Maya at times got frustrating but still I made mistakes and learn from them, I started off with a completely different design of a door and ended up with this but it's because I tired to perfect my design as well as my knowledge of Maya. UV mapping, now that I will still have to learn better but for my door it seemed to have worked and quite nicely, the textures were easy but I did find myself going over it again and again trying to figure out what textures I should use and what you see above is what I have done. For the texture I actually used some textures and images I found from a forum through Google that someone had created specifically for Halo/Forerunners, I used this then thought that it was basically me recreating a Forerunner door so with the same architectural style in mind I decided to try and create the texture myself, this can be seen especially for the floor, I took a look at some Aztec patterns and tried create something that would suit the style of my door but also the Forerunners style. After I have laid out my UV maps and I then Assigned a favourite material>Lambert>File and then the texture. I wanted to then focus on the lights as I felt this would add mostly to the atmosphere and style, When putting some lights down I felt that it was too bare and that the door wasn't really the idea of what I was making, so I decided to add some lights like they have outside a castle sometimes to really and try and attract the eye towards the door, I then added a path, I never did texture the path I only added a Lambert since I really liked the idea of the path being quite plain and simple. I then rendered an image and then a turntable render as seen above.

 Bibliography (textures)

No comments:

Post a Comment